5 Oct 2007

Illustrator CS3 -- how sweet it works :-)

Just assisted a remote colleague with designing a Din A 4 contact form for his property exhibition.

Usually I would have done that with Corel Draw, but as I now have Adobe´s Illustrator CS3 lying around, I thought "well, let´s try with this" -- and I gotta say that (never worked with Illustrator so far) the workflow was incredibly intuitive, and Illustrator´s truly "context sensitive" Control Panel is indeed a *huge* help to quickly access & modify the selected object´s properties:



Illustrator CS3 :: Control Panel for text objects


I really appreciate when an application enables me to create decent stuff *fast* without having me read the manuals for getting even simple things done, and I have to admit that creating a similar form with the quite familiar Corel Draw would have taken me much longer.

I consider the "how do I get away with a software without even knowing it" benchmark to be a very meaningful indicator of an application´s user friendliness -- in this respect Illustrator CS3 is way cool.

Will not look back, unless I must :-)

No comments: